Wednesday, July 20, 2005

From the kitchen to Cajun country

A quick hit, because I'm off to see Illuminati, From Fiction and Lords of Vanier at Zaphod's: Sonny Landreth and Mary Gauthier. First, Sonny at the MBNA Grassroots stage, where he demonstrated his slide supremacy.



Here's his bassist; somewhere back there a drummer lurked.



Mary Gauthier has some interesting stories to tell (she had a rough early life before going to culinary school and starting a successful restaurant), but as I said earlier, her particular style doesn't appeal to me. She had a nice simple presentation, just her and a guitarist.



Despite my slow lens I got some nice stage light pictures at the festival.



Next free moment I have, I'll round things up with Daby Toure, Holly Golightly and The Pernice Brothers.

No comments: