Saturday, July 23, 2005

Fnord

I've seen The Illuminati twice, once at The Dominion (pictures of which can be seen at the Birdman Sound website) and this past Wednesday at Zaphod's ... is it my imagination, or have they added a few flourishes not native to their 70s hard rock sound? Maybe their opening act From Fiction is leading me astray. Anyway, loads of songs, lots of hair, tattoos - you know the drill. Or you should!

One of the advantages of my new telephoto lens: I can take closeups of folks like Illuminati bassist Nick Sewell without almost sticking my camera up his nose.



Ditto for fellow Tchort alumnus and guitarist Les Godfrey, pre-tattoo action.



Drummer Jim Gering.



Sewell gives the hair a workout.



Godfrey all bendy.



Sewell and Gering rock rhythm action!



More Sewell hair-shaking!



And more rock action!



I was standing near the stage and I swear the volume unblocked my sinuses.

No comments: