Saturday, April 16, 2005

What the Truck?

Big Jeezus Truck are probably Ottawa's most popular hard rock act. Though other bands may offer more musically there's no denying BJT put on a hell of a show: Lights, lasers, strobes, jumping about, standing on monitors, a big backdrop with a bug-eyed demonic Colonel Sanders .... It's straight ahead chug-a-lug rock. There was a cover of Del Shannon's Runaway (quite good) and Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire which they made a decent stab at - but covering a Cash tune is more or less begging for an unfavourable comparison.
All those lights mean most of the pictures I have of the band are their silhouettes, or really red. Here goes!

Bassist Spag in the spotlight. I'm doing his picture first because he shows up everywhere ...



Drummer T.E.D., pretty darn red.



Singer Slim Reaper and his driving-wheel microphone stand (and Spag).



Guitarist Tom E. Hawk (and Spag ... and Slim's bum in profile).



I didn't stick around for the encore, but I figure I got my money's worth.

No comments: