Friday, April 29, 2005

Good for the soul

Ottawa R&B act Maya and Alanna were performing as I walked into Babylon Tuesday night at a little past 10. Ben Mullin (last seen testing my powers of identification with The Caution Press) and Tristan Boucher were providing a tasteful, minimalist backing on guitar and drums.

Maya and Alanna (right to left, that is).



Alanna takes it to the river.



Don't mess with Maya.



Here's the whole crowd, with Tristan on drums and Ben on guitar.



Dap-King Bosco Mann jumped aboard for Chain of Fools ... I think he may sleep in those sunglasses.



I had much better pictures of Alanna and Maya that I managed to make a mess of by turning up my flash way too high. Oops. So you'd better go see them live - they perform at Fresco Cielo every Saturday at 10:30 until June 15.

No comments: