Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ooooooklahoooommmmaaaaa!

April 22 is a day that shall live in infamy. It was a night with five eminently go-toable shows on. Top of the list: Howe Gelb and Kate Maki at Babylon vs. White Cowbell Oklahoma, Steven Dall and The Longtimers at Barrymore’s.
I plumped for the cowbell. One, I’d caught Gelb at Bluesfest and had been amused by his mellow, folksy solo act – almost more raconteur than musician – but not overwhelmed. Two, I heard people got nekkid on stage at WCO’s show. Barrymore’s it is!
This first post I'm just going to introduce people ... 11 in all!

Jesse Lactater opened things up with some keyboard moves. I do like that lighting ...



On double-neck guitar, T’Boo Hollis Wayne Gentry IV. You'll see more of him later (and when I say more, I mean more ...).



On another guitar, Clem (just Clem) ... yes, this picture does kinda' stink, I was down to 100 ISO, and old 100 ISO at that ...



On another guitar, the Cousin Who Cannot Be Named, in his natural circumstances - gettin' down.



On another guitar (last one, I promise!) Jessup H. Christ.



On drums, Mudflap Williamson - darn tootin' there's stick-twirling here, podner.



Bubba Lee Phett handles the bass.



Sgt. Rock sings - a good soul voice, I might add.



And Sheriff R.R. Horton? He keeps all them boys in line … almost. Round these parts, cowbell is the law, mister.



Chainsaw Charlie McGee also helps out on chainsaw, stuffed animal destruction, purchasing clothes from pretty women in the audience – and of course, the mightiest variety of cowbell around … the white cowbell! Also he tried to set folks on fire. This picture isn't so good either. I promise better things in future.



So was there trouble? In a word: Yes. Keep scrolling down for a good 50% of the depravity on display ... I warn you though, it is not for the faint of heart or short of grits.

3 comments:

Irzan said...

Hey ... thanks for visiting my blog .. i got your link from the referring pages ... nice job at your blog! Keep up the good work... maybe we can link each other someday ... :)

Cheerio...

Irzan said...

I used to stay in Oklahoma u know ... when back then in 1996 ... i'm staying in OKC, St James apartment ..

A.C. said...

Thanks thoroughly cleansed... we're blog neighbours ... I got to one of yours by clicking through the "next blog" link.