Saturday, April 09, 2005

Cautionary tale

The Caution Press opened for The Diableros and Department of Foreign Affairs. They did a pretty good job (and went over well), but weren't really my cup of tea ... well at least the pictures turned out okay, if I do say so myself. These guys don't have much of a web presence yet, so all I know so far is that one of them is named "Ben Mullin."

Maybe it's this guy ...



No, wait ... maybe him?



I suppose it could be either of these guys .... There was fair amount of instrument switching between the guitarist, bassist and keyboardist.



Ben?



Well, isn't there a little Ben Mullin in all of us? Okay, maybe not. Needless to say anyone who wants to put names to faces, drop me a comment ...
  • Breaking news: The Telepathic Butterflies will play at Zaphod's April 30. They played a fine show at Irene's last time they were in town - I'm keen to see them again. No word yet on an opening act, but apparently Eugene and Co., are taking suggestions ....
  • Show reminder: If you're in the mood for punk and in Barrhaven (an unusual combination, I grant you) the Botched Suicides, the Rookers, the Sewer Rats and the Sweet Janes are playing Greenfield's Pub tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second one is Ben Mullin - guitars, vocals and song-writer.

Anonymous said...

First guy (green jacket) is Tom Brown (ex-Gaelic Storm). Ben is the second picture. Third pic is Steve Gaw (left, ex-Freephonic) and Aedan Helmer (right, Eastborough). Last pic, the drummer, is Justin Purvis (Eastborough). All excellent musicians.