Sunday, June 18, 2006

Can I get a wetness?

You may not recall Jehovah's Wetness ... they released a couple of CDs (I still have one lying about) and played weird, offensive rock in silly outfits - not that there's anything wrong with that! There doesn't seem to be much record of them around - Google them and the first thing actually related to them is my post from a couple of days ago! Anyway, if memory serves the last time I saw Bobby Powerchords on stage he was dancing around in a pleather thong. He was back to play some solo piano pop. No thong, but the word "funbags" did appear.





There was much opportunity to fool around with the lighting at this show.



Next up, Flecton and the Big Sky Orchestra. Like BP, Flecton is a Wetness vet.



Flecton works the hair.



Scott Terry on beer and thumb piano.



Jake and Rolf.



Rolf yucks it up.



Tom's drums are powered by the mighty atom.



Scott uses the patented Beardlight to find his way around darkened stages.



It's like Christmas every day for Jake.



Kelp supremo Jon Bartlett was running around with a Super-8 camera in one hand and a floodlight in the other. I took advantage of his wattage to take some photos without flash.



Frightening Flecton!



Spooky Scott Terry!



Terrifying Tom Werbowetski!



Jitters-inducing Jake Bryce.



If I had been thinking, I might have exploited this bit of lighting wackiness for more Flecton shots instead of turning down the shutter speed to get a less wacky pic. Alas, I did not clue in until Home was on stage.





But just you wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the wetness!!!