Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Complain to The Management

I've got one major bone to pick with The Management (or more properly, MGMT): You ever try to Google a bandsite with a name like that? Please, people, try to pick a name like the Exploding Kumquats. You may die of embarrassment, but you'll make my life so much easier. I know they have a Myspace account out there somewhere ... couldn't find it, though.
Anyway, the group is a pair of guys singing around to electronic dance pop, with a wee bit of live percussion. There was a guitar laying about, so they may have used that, but I got to Barrymore's a bit late so if it featured in anything but a perfunctory way I missed it. Sorry.

They brought their own back drop constructed from white PVC tubing and bedsheets ... darn thoughtful.



Some quick guitar abuse ...



They are too sexy for their shirts. And toque.



Time to hit the dancefloor!



Despite the grumping at the punkottawa.com message board about them, I thought they were a well-suited opener for Of Montreal who have been known to dabble in the odd disco beat themselves.

No comments: