Sunday, September 25, 2005

Come on, come on!

... is the title of a tune on Nashville Pussy's new disc. Just a coincidence that former Pussy bassist Katie Lynn Campbell now calls Toronto's C'mon her musical home. She and her man, Ian Blurton, accompanied by Randy Curnew, once again graced Mavericks with their monster rock; great band, great crowd, great show!

Ian starts things off with a little feedback ...



Katie Lynn has the most mobile hair in rock.



Randy Curnew was subjected to a few jibes for his Rush T-shirt. (But nothing like the hapless "Ska is Dead" tour playing across the street suffered.)



I bounced my flash off the ceiling for this shot of Ian ... turned out nicely, if I do say so myself.



Attack of the woman with the 50-foot hair!



J.P. Sadek makes sure Randy doesn't overheat. "You're supposed to buy me that drink, not pour it on me!" he could be heard saying outside on the sidewalk after the show.



For some reason I can't help but think of Radiohead's second album ...



A band that has nothing more to prove, but does it anyway.
  • Show reminder: Japan's amazing Zoobombs play Zaphod's; The Young Husbands tag along. Montreal's mod masters The High Dials play Babylon - for free! The band's new album has been getting raves, and they always put on a fine show.

No comments: