Monday, January 09, 2006

Shock to the system

Here we are: The first gig of 2006, Harshey at The Aloha Room Jan. 4. I only stayed for the first half hour and snapped a handful of pictures since stupor was rapidly setting in. There was some technical difficulties, with various electrical shenanigans involving Jeff's amp and microphone, and a definite warmup stretch, but the overall sound was still good and chunky - one of the benefits of playing a space where you can dispense with the PA for just about everything but the vocals.

Jeff and some backup Tiki singers.



Larry on bass. Unfortunately I used up my lifetime allowance of fan puns when Castor played.



Jon gives a shout.



Rhythm section action!



I think Larry suspects something.



Unfortunately, not even high volume could keep my eyes open.

No comments: