Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Space Elevator

No relation to Rick White's outfit (who have an excellent new album, "august" out, by the way), this Toronto trio is led by Scott Kaija, who I understand now devotes most of his time to his other group, controller.controller. Despite appearances, Space Elevator are a power pop band with no real country influences. "Why are we wearing cowboy hats?" the drummer asked during the show.
And now, some pictures of guitarist Scotty Karate, Jesse 2X and Maddog. Maddog's the girl.

Scotty poses artfully in front of the band's swanky banner.



Jesse 2X - still don't know what the X stands for.



Maddog. I showed my Mom this picture and she said "I like her shoes." They are indeed nice shoes.



And here's the whole gang. Huzzay!



The pictures on their website were shot at this very same show (not by me, I hasten to add). How about that?

No comments: