Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Happening

A little hard to describe, The Happening was an event held at Club SAW with some-artistic-musical-psychedelic-whatchamacallit happenings going on. Can't recall the link, so I'll just throw down a couple of pictures. Here's Patrick Shanks, a.k.a. Merle Knurling, doing the DJ thing (instead of laying down the fuzz guitar law with The Glads, which is what he's doing in most of my pictures of him). It's a good portrait. Sounds silly, but I really like the wall texture ...



Here's some more Happening folks, normally Tim Matthews (drums, left) plays with The Glads and the Halfmilers; Mike Sheridan (drums, right) is in the Golden Famile, as is Darrell Angus (front with guitar). Darrell is also a Halfmiler. Ottawa musical scene, incest is thy name.



I'm going to try to find a picture of Tim without red-eye, but I'm not sure it can be done. He's the reddest-eyed photo subject I've ever encountered ...
There were a few other musicians scattered around the room for the one-off (so far) Outlaw Astronomers (also known as the Magic Rock Orchestra); as always, pictures to come.

No comments: