Friday, January 22, 2010

Big Red

I was weeping and gnashing my teeth Thursday because my work schedule meant I was almost guaranteed to miss Total Crush and Red Mass at the Rock'n'Roll Pizza Party. I really wanted to see Red Mass since I've been enamoured of mainman Choyce's many other projects, Les Sexareenos and The CPC Gangbangs to name but two. My admiration was only increased by the CPC Gangbang's set (even if he was stuck behind the drums) and a listen to one of the band's many, many releases. Fortunately I got a lift downtown so I had time to run over to The Atomic Rooster and check out some Grade A psychedelic monster-throb rama-lama rock and one mesh shirt (unfortunately I still missed Total Crush).

Red Mass at The Atomic Rooster
Red Mass at The Atomic Rooster, January 21, 2010

I didn't have a chance to go home and grab my Nikon, so I snapped a few pictures on the FujiFilm EXR point-and-shoot my Mom got me for Christmas. The band is in Toronto for a show today; I believe some members will also be in town as part of Black Feelings on Saturday.

No comments: