Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is the life

Think About Life have carved out a hard-won reputation as one of Montreal's most fun live bands. They're the brainchild of Miracle Fortress dweller Graham Van Pelt. I prefer the Fortress for its California pop leanings, but certainly don't mind TAL's non-stop dance fun.

Graham bends!



Martin Cesar is a bundle of energy and the group's MC; Matt Shane on drums.



Singalong action! I think that's Owen's bouquet from the previous night's Token blowout.



Martin made frequent trips to the keyboard to adjust this and that.



Caila Thompson-Hannant - also of Shapes + Sizes - provides some extra vocal power and handled bass duties.



Martin works the crowd.



A shadowy Shane.



Caila really is a good vocalist; I wish I'd seen Shapes + Sizes years ago when they were slated to play Zaphod's with The Castanets; unfortunately a band member fell sick so all I got was the shirt.



Hi there!



Audience, we salute you.



High-tenning action!



Shake it all about!



Caila sings some more!



Big finish ... actually there may have been a couple of encores to go.



That was a heck of a way to end the night ... if you were someone other than me. After this show I popped over to Irene's for more music.

No comments: