Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Small stage silver screen

Saturday at Zaphod's - a good crowd showed up for Montreal math-rockers turned dance party indie rockers Kiss Me Deadly. First on the bill were My Dad Vs. Yours, and as usual their cinematic music nodded toward suave silver screen soundtracks, with perhaps a few extra funky touches this time around, with a bit of experimental zip as well. The show got underway about 9:30 ...

But first they had to locate guitarist Tom Herbert - bassist Ben Stanford makes the call! (Thank heavens for the wonder of modern telecommunications!)



Speaking of Tom ... if I'd known how my stage-lit pictures would turn out I would have taken more.



Jose Palacios prefers his slide in the perpendicular.



Keyboardist Kelsey McNulty was looking pleased throughout.



Drummer Arturo Brindisi is looking mod.



And here's Ben again, just because.



Xylophone action!



My Dad action!



Your Dad action!



Versus action!



They were recording at Montreal's Hotel2Tango (where Golden Famile laid down their Nobody Loves a Growler CD) in October and November; I hope a new CD is imminent.

No comments: