Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thus and so

Folks, I've had a week that's been good and bad, starting with a phone call at 4 a.m. Sunday. Never a good sign, 4 a.m. phone calls. This one was to tell me my father had failed to awake from his sleep at the house where he'd been staying with family as part of a tour of family and friends in Ontario and was en route to the Critical Care Unit at the Guelph General Hospital. I was on a plane by noon, at his bedside by 2 p.m., and later that evening in discussions with the doctor and family as to what to do next. Dad cut the conversation short a few minutes before midnight. I just got home Canada Day, thus the lack of all things Gaga. Things may be a little bit chaotic in blogland as my nearest and dearest and I untie the tangles created by sudden death (word to the wise: make sure you know where the SIN of anyone who's looking likely to expire is located), but posting will restart in just a few minutes ....

4 comments:

Asteroidea Press said...

Andrew, sorry to hear about your father. Don't worry about posting, we'll be here when you get back. Keep well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss.

A.C. said...

Thanks Megan, thanks Anonymous.

sager said...

That is unfortunate, Andrew, stay strong and be there those who need you to be there.